We have a savings account to suit every stage of your financial journey, whether you’re just getting started or are ready to earn higher rates on bigger balances.
Save for your future goals and earn higher rates compared to other financial institutions.
Kids aged 11 and under can develop healthy financial habits with our Cash Club account. Earn dividends, get rewards for deposits, enter annual contests, receive a birthday card, and more!
Students aged 12 to 18 can take the next steps toward a successful future. Earn dividends, get rewards for deposits, earn $1 for A’s, access Online Banking, get free checking, and more!
Spread the cost of the busy holiday season throughout the year. Deposit funds anytime and receive a lump sum on a date that suits you. It’s a great way to avoid credit card debt!
IRAs encourage you to save for a secure future, earn competitive dividends, and enjoy potential tax advantages.
APPLY TO OPEN AN ACCOUNT
Check you meet our membership criteria then apply online or visit any location to get started.
CHOOSE YOUR SAVINGS ACCOUNT
Select the best account type for your needs and make the minimum initial deposit.
DEPOSIT FUNDS AND ACHIEVE GOALS!
Make manual deposits or set up automatic transfers to reach your targets and secure your future.
This credit union is amazing. They have always taken good care of me. I would encourage anybody with problems with their bank or credit union to switch to Fibre Federal.
Why Choose Fibre Federal?
Fibre Federal Credit Union exists to serve our community – not outside stockholders. When you open a personal savings account, you become a part-owner of the credit union.
Membership is open to people in select counties of Washington and Oregon. You may also join if someone in your immediate family or household is a member or if you're a business or organization based in our service area.
We know you'll enjoy our full suite of financial products and services, including all the great features of our credit union savings accounts!
When you open a savings account with a credit union, you become a part-owner or shareholder. Credit unions are not-for-profit and can pass revenue back to members in the form of a higher annual percentage yield (APY) on deposits, lower interest rates on loans, and no monthly maintenance fees on savings or checking accounts.
By contrast, brick-and-mortar banks and online banks are usually accountable to outside stockholders and may offer less favorable rates and terms. Also, note that credit union funds are insured by NCUA up to $250,000 whereas banks have FDIC insurance.
Fibre Federal savings options each offer distinct advantages and benefits to suit different needs and goals. Here are a few considerations to help you decide which account can work for you:
- A personal savings account lets you establish credit union membership and create great savings habits with a low minimum balance requirement of $5 and a minimum of just $50 to start earning interest.
- A youth savings account like Cash Club or Student Savings is the best choice for members under 18. Parents and caregivers serve as joint account holders, and your child can get practice making deposits and withdrawals.
- A Money Market account has a minimum initial deposit of $1,500, so it’s ideal if you’re at the next level of your saving ability and are saving for a large purchase or building a financial safety net. Higher balances can earn higher interest rates.
- A Holiday Club account can be opened in addition to any other account to help you save specifically throughout the year for Thanksgiving, Christmas, Hanukkah, and other holidays or vacations.
- IRAs can usually be opened even if you have an employer-sponsored retirement plan like a 401(k). If you don’t have a workplace plan, then an IRA is an essential tool to help you save for the future.
All Fibre Federal savings accounts offer the ability to make ongoing deposits anytime that suits you. Here are a few popular options:
- In-person deposits at your preferred location
- One-time transfers from your other accounts using Online and Mobile Banking
- Scheduled or recurring deposits using Automatic Transfers
- Direct Deposit from another person or organization
- Payroll Deduction from your paycheck
In contrast to savings accounts, most certificate accounts do not let you make ongoing deposits after you start your certificate term. However, a Money Builder Certificate is a good choice if you wish to make ongoing deposits. If you’re looking for a high-yield savings account, you may want to explore the longest certificate term available.
Your ability to make withdrawals may depend on which savings account you choose. Some accounts have restrictions on withdrawals, while others do not. Here’s a quick guide:
- Personal savings and youth savings accounts offer unlimited withdrawals in person or online.
- Holiday Club funds are automatically transferred to your savings or checking account once per year on a date of your choosing, but you may make additional withdrawals without penalty.
- Traditional IRAs and Roth IRAs have different withdrawal rules. A Traditional IRA lets you withdraw funds after age 59½ while a Roth IRA allows withdrawal of your contributions anytime and withdrawal of your earnings after five years.
Youth Savings Accounts
We offer savings accounts designed for members 18 years and younger to develop healthy savings habits.
Ea rerum vel molestiae omnis molestias. Et ut officiis aliquam earum et cum deleniti. Rerum temporibus ex cumque doloribus voluptatem alias.
|Minimum to Open||Minimum Monthly Balance||Minimum to Earn APY||Balance Method||Compounded / Credited||Current Dividend||APY|
Rate is effective May 28, 2023 and is subject to change.
Also see terms for accounts.
Leaving Our Website
You are leaving Fibre Federal Credit Union and TLC’s website. This link does not constitute an endorsement by Fibre Federal Credit Union and TLC of any information, products or services on this external website. We make every effort, however, to ensure all linked sites follow similar privacy policies as ours to offer maximum security and privacy.